ConservativePublisher.com

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The conservative alternate to MoveOn.org

Check out this new article in Human Events on TheVanguard.org, an organization founded and run by World Ahead author Rod D. Martin (who co-wrote and edited our very first book, Thank You, President Bush). It provides an excellent summary of Martin's strategy to position his conservative website as "the next MoveOn."

For purposes of full disclosure, I'm an advisor of the organization and I also have megalomaniacal reasons to push this article:

“We’re still too new for a feature story,” Martin tells me shortly after the November election. “As far as I’m concerned, we’re still a beta site. You really ought to come back in a year.” But the insiders tell a different story. Launched as an organization last March, TheVanguard.org already has a top-drawer cast, including Silicon Valley heavy-hitters like Eric Jackson (a former PayPal
colleague of Martin’s, where he was head of marketing) and Gil Amelio (former CEO of two Fortune 500 companies, including Apple Computer), among others.

I'm not quite sure that I deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Gil Amelio, but I am proud to be a small part of what TheVanguard.org is doing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home